Dates: October 25, November 1, November 8, November 15, November 22, December 12, 2015
Time: 1-4 pm
Location: Meet up at Ravenswood Horse Ranch, Baylands area of East Palo Alto. Program will be an Enso’s in Half Moon Bay. Transportation provided.
All sessions will include:
- Sports, music, art, journaling
- Marine-related activity
- Leadership by three core mentors and one invited guest each session!
- Group preparation of a snack (students will bring their own lunch)
- An opportunity to give back to the community, such as a beach clean up
- October 25: Horsemanship with Rodeo competitor Cliff Evans at Ravenswood Ranch
- November 1, November 15: Media project with Kevan Jenson, a Hollywood filmmaker for 25 years
- November 8: Fly Fishing with Naturalist Nate Grieg
- November 22: Sailing or Kayaking, Kite Making, Overnight Camping with Kelly
- December 6: Sweat Lodge Ceremony with Bret Stephenson and Todd Zimmerman
Cost: $600 (includes transportation, snack and materials/equipment)
Children with special needs who are medium to high functioning will be welcomed. Children with diagnoses of mental illness or instability will be taken on a case by case basis, with our goal to reach those most at risk yet who do not need require from us skills that are beyond our purview. If they are under medical supervision and a note from their doctor/psychiatrist states that they are stable enough to participate we will welcome them as well.